This church couldn’t be more Victorian-looking if it tried. A church had existed here since 1680 which presumably had been built to replace the Abbey Church after the Dissolution.
This new church was built by Mary Beatrice Philips in 1866 whose family had purchased the estate thirty years previously with money made from the cotton trade.
Photo - Andrew J. Müller
Back to Cathedrals, Churches, Abbeys etc... page
Text copyright - Raving Loony Productions and
Andrew J. Müller,
and Shaun Runham
© Photos and Artwork - Andrew J. Müller
© Web Design and Layout - Andrew J. Müller