ST. BARBARA'S CHURCH, KRAKÓW
This fairly modest church was built around 1400, originally as a cemetery chapel. Between 1488 and 1518 it had a Gothic makeover and later Baroque additions were made which give it a rather mixed look.
Immediately next door is a Jesuit monastery which survived until 1780 when the Jesuit order was disbanded. The monastery became a hospital and went through a succession of owners until it came back to the Jesuits in 1908.
Photo - Andrew J. Müller
Back to Cathedrals, Churches, Abbeys etc... page
© Text copyright - Raving Loony Productions and Andrew J. Müller,
and Shaun Runham
© Photos and Artwork - Andrew J. Müller
© Web Design and Layout - Andrew J. Müller