City of London
This little church standing in the grounds of St. Bartholomew's Hospital has the hospital as its parish, having begun life as little more than a chapel for the hospital when it was founded fully in the mid-1400s. Only the tower survives from that date. The octagonal main part of the church was designed by George Dance Junior in 1789.
Inigo Jones worshipped here and surprisingly didn't return to do any work on the Church.
Although there has been post-War renovation, it escaped from the Blitz in more or less the form it had in 1800.
Photo - Andrew J. Müller
Back to Cathedrals, Churches, Abbeys etc... page
© Text copyright - Raving Loony Productions and Andrew J. Müller,
and Shaun Runham
© Photos and Artwork - Andrew J. Müller
© Web Design and Layout - Andrew J. Müller