HOLY TRINITY CHURCH
Bengeo, Hertford, Hertfordshire
The ancient town of Hertford began to expand rapidly with the arrival of the railways in the 19th Century. The formerly separate village of Bengeo began to be swallowed up by the town and the population of the village exploded. The tiny and ancient Church of St. Leonard could no longer cope with the needs of the parish and so a new church was built.
was on the corner of Bengeo Street and New
Road in the heart of the expanded part of the village on land which
– a princely sum in the early 1850s. The Church, a typically
construction, was completed in 1855 and the fittings of St.
Photo - Andrew J. Müller
Back to Cathedrals, Churches, Abbeys etc... page
Text copyright - Raving Loony Productions and
Andrew J. Müller,
and Shaun Runham
© Photos and Artwork - Andrew J. Müller
© Web Design and Layout - Andrew J. Müller