BILLINGHAY CHURCH

Lincolnshire

Billinghay Church, Lincolnshire

Although modest by Lincolnshire standards, St. Michael’s in the tiny village of Billinghay has a long history with work having been undertaken in almost every century since the 12th when the first church was built. In the 13th Century the body of the church was enlarged and in the 14th the tower was added. The spire followed in the 15th Century by which time the church was approximately the size and shape of what we have today.

In 1787 the tower and spire had become unsafe and were rebuilt. The north aisle was rebuilt in 1856 and the spire was once more replaced in 1912.

Photo - Andrew J. Müller

Back to Cathedrals, Churches, Abbeys etc...

Back to Cathedrals, Churches, Abbeys etc... page


© Text copyright - Raving Loony Productions and Andrew J. Müller, Roy Barton
and Shaun Runham
© Photos and Artwork - Andrew J. Müller
© Web Design and Layout - Andrew J. Müller
2013


Go to Home PagespaceGo to Andrew J. MullerspaceGo to Roy BartonspaceGo to Shaun RunhamspaceGo to Writing
Go to Castles of the UK and IrelandspaceGo to Castles of EuropespaceGo to Churches, Cathedrals, Abbeys etc.spaceGo to Travel PagesspaceGo to The Gallery