The church on the Forrabury headland is dedicated to the obscure St. Symphorian – he is better known in France and it seems likely that the dedication came to Cornwall with the Bottreaux family who built the Castle in the village and owned land here when the church was first constructed.
Little is left from that original construction as it was extended greatly in 1687 and only parts of the tower and the porch remain from the original build.
Photo - Andrew J. Müller
Back to Cathedrals, Churches, Abbeys etc... page
© Text copyright - Raving Loony Productions and
Andrew J. Müller,
and Shaun Runham
© Photos and Artwork - Andrew J. Müller
© Web Design and Layout - Andrew J. Müller