A church has stood on this spot since 1235, however, sometime in the 19th Century the decision was made to rebuild from scratch and so the architect Talbot Bury was brought in to design a new church, very much in the medieval style, which was completed in 1845.
The churchyard is one of the largest in the county and is best known for its impressive avenue of clipped yew trees which forms a superb green corridor into the church.
Photo - Andrew J. Müller
Back to Cathedrals, Churches, Abbeys etc... page
Text copyright - Raving Loony Productions and
Andrew J. Müller,
and Shaun Runham
© Photos and Artwork - Andrew J. Müller
© Web Design and Layout - Andrew J. Müller