BRAEMAR AVENUE BAPTIST CHURCH

Wood Green, London

Braemar Avenue Baptist Church, Wood Green, London

In the late 19th Century the area around Wood Green and Tottenham was one of the strongholds of non-conformist worship in London. From 1865 the local Baptists met up in a house in Finsbury Road. Two years later land was purchased and by 1876 the Wood Green Baptist Chapel was opened. In 1886 it merged with another nearby Chapel and in 1907 both relocated to a new church in Braemar Avenue. This new church was designed by George Baines and Son and although is built mostly of red bricks is unusual because of its white stone dressing which gives the church a most distinctive appearance.

Photo - Andrew J. Müller

Back to Cathedrals, Churches, Abbeys etc...

Back to Cathedrals, Churches, Abbeys etc... page


© Text copyright - Raving Loony Productions and Andrew J. Müller, Roy Barton
and Shaun Runham
© Photos and Artwork - Andrew J. Müller
© Web Design and Layout - Andrew J. Müller
2010


Go to Home PagespaceGo to Andrew J. MullerspaceGo to Roy BartonspaceGo to Shaun RunhamspaceGo to Writing
Go to Castles of the UK and IrelandspaceGo to Castles of EuropespaceGo to Churches, Cathedrals, Abbeys etc.spaceGo to Travel PagesspaceGo to The Gallery