Full Dedication: Cathedral Church of St. Mary and St. Helen
Became a Cathedral in 1917.
The parish church of Brentwood was built in 1861 in a Gothic style. In 1917 it became the Diocesan seat of the Catholic Bishopric of Brentwood and the architect Quinlan Terry constructed the larger classical styled Cathedral around the existing 1861 building. In the picture above the earlier church can be seen poking its central section above the additional structure.
Inside is very modern with the clean, neat look of many of England's newly built cathedrals.
Photo - Andrew J. Müller
Back to Cathedrals, Churches, Abbeys etc... page
© Text copyright - Raving Loony Productions and Andrew J. Müller,
and Shaun Runham
© Photos and Artwork - Andrew J. Müller
© Web Design and Layout - Andrew J. Müller