BROMPTON GARRISON CHURCH
At one time Brompton – the forgotten Medway Town – was graced with two churches. The other, a typical Victorian spired edifice dedicated to the Holy Trinity, was demolished in 1957.
The Garrison Church was built, as it’s name suggests, to serve the military garrisons at Chatham and Brompton. It was opened for worship in 1854. During the week the church was used as a classroom and on Sundays and other service days it was used as a church.
Bizarrely, it had no formal dedication until October 2002 when it was dedicated to St. Barbara, Patron saint of Artillerymen and Engineers.Photo - Andrew J. Müller
Back to Cathedrals, Churches, Abbeys etc... page
Text copyright - Raving Loony Productions and
Andrew J. Müller,
and Shaun Runham
© Photos and Artwork - Andrew J. Müller
© Web Design and Layout - Andrew J. Müller