ST. IVAN'S CHURCH
The Church of St. Ivan (or St. John in English) is the dominant feature of Old Budva, with its tall spire visible from anywhere in the town.
Until 1828 the Church was a Cathedral for the local Diocese. The Bell Tower was completed in 1867 and the whole was largely rebuilt after the 1979 earthquake destroyed much of the Old Town.
Photo - Andrew J. Müller
Back to Cathedrals, Churches, Abbeys etc... page
© Text copyright - Raving Loony Productions and Andrew J. Müller,
and Shaun Runham
© Photos and Artwork - Andrew J. Müller
© Web Design and Layout - Andrew J. Müller