BURTON PEDWARDINE CHURCH
This tiny church stands in a tiny village that gets its name from the Pedwardine family who owned the land here, despite being based at the other end of England in Herefordshire. A Saxon, Norman and Early English church once stood here, but only a few stone fragments survive.Sir Robert Pedwardine, builder of the equally vanished castle in the next field, built a cruciform church around 1340. Of this only the north transept has survived. The rest of the church is mainly a Victorian rebuild.
Photo - Andrew J. Müller
Back to Cathedrals, Churches, Abbeys etc... page
Text copyright - Raving Loony Productions and Andrew J.
and Shaun Runham
© Photos and Artwork - Andrew J. Müller
© Web Design and Layout - Andrew J. Müller