CHRIST THE KING
Situated on the corner of Byng Place and Gordon Square this church is very familiar to the students of University College London as being the one opposite the book shop. It dates to 1853 and was built for a minor Victorian church organisation called the Catholic Apostolic Church. It is quite grand for a building of such a small sect and is very much in the neo-Gothic style popular at the time. Until 2005 the Church was specifically attached to the University.
Photo - Andrew J. Müller
Back to Cathedrals, Churches, Abbeys etc... page
© Text copyright - Raving Loony Productions and Andrew J. Müller,
and Shaun Runham
© Photos and Artwork - Andrew J. Müller
© Web Design and Layout - Andrew J. Müller