The Church which stands here today is the third on the site. The church is dedicated to St. Swithun and the currently version dates to between 1886 and 1889. The work was completed using funds provided by Charles Donaldson-Hudson of the nearby Cheswardine Estate and the architect was John Loughborough Pearson. It was one of his last commissions and he died before it was completed.
Photo - Andrew J. Müller
Back to Cathedrals, Churches, Abbeys etc... page
© Text copyright - Raving Loony Productions and Andrew J. Müller,
and Shaun Runham
© Photos and Artwork - Andrew J. Müller
© Web Design and Layout - Andrew J. Müller