The church of Holy Trinity now seems to be rather apart from its village, however, this is due to the village moving after the Black Death the original village was around the church.
Little remains of the first building from the 12th Century, the bottom parts of the tower only. Everything else was rebuilt during the 13th and 14th Centuries and then the transepts and porch were replaced in the 15th Century.
By the mid-1800s the church was in a ruinous state and between 1867 and 1878 a programme of repairs was undertaken which affected much of the structure. The last major work was a repair of the tower in 1914.
Photo - Andrew J. Müller
Back to Cathedrals, Churches, Abbeys etc... page
© Text copyright - Raving Loony Productions and Andrew J. Müller,
and Shaun Runham
© Photos and Artwork - Andrew J. Müller
© Web Design and Layout - Andrew J. Müller