Isle of Wight
Although built to a fairly old-style plan, the church standing by the waters edge near Cowes Castle is actually an 1832 construction by the architect Benjamin Bramble. It was built with sailors in mind and soon gained Royal patronage from Queen Victoria whose elaborate home, Osborne House, is not too far away. The church has now become solidly attached to the Royal Yacht Squadron whose headquarters are in the Castle. The gardens offer some excellent views of the Solent.
Photo - Andrew J. Müller
Back to Cathedrals, Churches, Abbeys etc... page
© Text copyright - Raving Loony Productions and Andrew J. Müller,
Shaun and Alison Runham
© Photos and Artwork - Andrew J. Müller
© Web Design and Layout - Andrew J. Müller