This small church stands in amongst the earthworks of Castlethorpe Castle, to the west of Milton Keynes on the border of Buckinghamshire and Northamptonshire.
It is believed the first church here was Saxon, but all that remains today is from the Norman and later medieval period. The tower was once more prominent than today, but it fell down in 1729 and was rebuilt on a smaller scale.
Castlethorpe Church is known for the rather bizarre fund-raiser of the Biannual Castlethorpe Duck Race.
Photo - Andrew J. Müller
Back to Cathedrals, Churches, Abbeys etc... page
© Text copyright - Raving Loony
Andrew J. Müller,
and Shaun Runham
© Photos and Artwork - Andrew J. Müller
© Web Design and Layout - Andrew J. Müller