A church existed here in the mid-medieval period, but of that nothing has survived beyond the font.Everything was entirely rebuilt by Lord Delaval around 1771 when he inherited Doddington Hall. Pevsner noted that the architects, Thomas and William Lumby, used the plan and possibly some of the materials for the north aisle from the earlier church so it can be assumed it was much the same size.
Photo - Andrew J. Müller
Back to Cathedrals, Churches, Abbeys etc... page
Text copyright - Raving Loony Productions and Andrew J.
and Shaun Runham
© Photos and Artwork - Andrew J. Müller
© Web Design and Layout - Andrew J. Müller