ST. MARTIN'S CHURCH
St. Martins Church in Dorking has stood on this spot since at least the Domesday Book. However, nothing remains of anything older than 1866 when work started on plans by Henry Woodyer to totally rebuild it.
Most of the work was completed by 1874 and the 210 foot spire was topped off in 1877.
In 1976 the church was one of the first to share between Anglican and Methodist congregations.
Photo - Andrew J. Müller
Back to Cathedrals, Churches, Abbeys etc... page
© Text copyright - Raving Loony Productions and Andrew J. Müller,
and Shaun Runham
© Photos and Artwork - Andrew J. Müller
© Web Design and Layout - Andrew J. Müller