ST. MARY'S PRESBYTARIAN CATHEDRAL
Full dedication: Cathedral Church of St. Mary
Became a Cathedral in 1879
One of the last Gothic revival Cathedrals to be designed by Sir George Gilbert Scott, the three massive spires of St. Mary's are visible from all over Edinburgh. The interior is relatively stark and although familiar from a distance, relatively few visitors travel to the far west of the City Centre to visit the Cathedral.
Gilbert Scott died the year before the Cathedral was consecrated.
Photo - Andrew J. Müller
Back to Cathedrals, Churches, Abbeys etc... page
© Text copyright - Raving Loony Productions and Andrew J. Müller,
and Shaun Runham
© Photos and Artwork - Andrew J. Müller
© Web Design and Layout - Andrew J. Müller