The earliest church here was a daughter church of Bardney Abbey and existed before the Conquest and before the Domesday Book. It was rebuilt around 1110 and the tower still dates from this period, making it one of Lincolnshire’s oldest.
However, everything else was stripped away when James Fowler rebuilt the church in 1859-60.
The church is very handsome and offers some great views from its Wolds Edge situation.
Photo - Andrew J. Müller
Back to Cathedrals, Churches, Abbeys etc... page
Text copyright - Raving Loony Productions and Andrew J.
and Shaun Runham
© Photos and Artwork - Andrew J. Müller
© Web Design and Layout - Andrew J. Müller