The church of St Bartholomew in Elvaston, close to the Castle, predates its better known neighbour by many hundreds of years. The Chancel, which is the oldest part to survive, dates to around 1200. Much of the rest of the church was constructed in the next two hundred years from that date.
Everything was massively restored and the church was enlarged around 1905.
Photo - Andrew J. Müller
Back to Cathedrals, Churches, Abbeys etc... page
© Text copyright - Raving Loony Productions and Andrew J. Müller,
and Shaun Runham
© Photos and Artwork - Andrew J. Müller
© Web Design and Layout - Andrew J. Müller