The church in Epping, dedicated to St John the Baptist, is a fairly recent addition – the older churches for the parish stood outside what is now the town.
The foundation stone was laid in 1889 and the church consecrated in 1891. A north aisle was added in 1908 and a year later the final part, the chunky and dominant tower, was dedicated in 1909.
Photo - Andrew J. Müller
Back to Cathedrals, Churches, Abbeys etc... page
Text copyright - Raving Loony Productions and
Andrew J. Müller,
and Shaun Runham
© Photos and Artwork - Andrew J. Müller
© Web Design and Layout - Andrew J. Müller