EARLS BARTON CHURCH
The Church of All Saints at Earls Barton has one of the best preserved Saxon towers anywhere in the World. It was founded during the reign of Edgar the Peaceful around 970 AD. The elegant tracery on the towers exterior is probably meant to represent a wooden tower which probably predated it. The nave of the church was added during the Norman period, around 1100.
Every century from the 10th onwards is represented somewhere in the building or furnishings of this exceptional parish church.
Photo - Andrew J. Müller
Back to Cathedrals, Churches, Abbeys etc... page
© Text copyright - Raving Loony Productions and Andrew J. Müller,
and Shaun Runham
© Photos and Artwork - Andrew J. Müller
© Web Design and Layout - Andrew J. Müller