FEN DRAYTON CHURCH
The earliest record of this church is in 1232 when it was owned by the Crown, but it seems probable that this was not the date of construction. In the mid-1200s the Abbey of Bon Repos in Brittany came to own the parish here, but by 1343 it had passed once more to the Crown.
The majority of the surviving stonework is from the mid-14th to mid-15th Centuries. In 1447 the rights to the parish passed to Christ’s College, Cambridge.
It doesn’t seem that the church has had a particularly exciting history and although it has clearly been restored by the Victorians, it has been done with some care and the church still looks largely medieval.
Photo - Andrew J. Müller
Back to Cathedrals, Churches, Abbeys etc... page
Text copyright - Raving Loony Productions and
Andrew J. Müller,
and Shaun Runham
© Photos and Artwork - Andrew J. Müller
© Web Design and Layout - Andrew J. Müller