This little chapel in the equally little village of Galmpton dates to around 1870, being built for the local non-Anglican population who had been active in the area since around 1831.It is named for John Flavel, a puritan who left the Church of England in the mid-1600s. He preached in the area, possibly including in Galmpton, and at one stage fled to London to escape persecution in Dartmouth.
Photo - Andrew J. Müller
Back to Cathedrals, Churches, Abbeys etc... page
© Text copyright - Raving Loony
Productions and Andrew J. Müller,
and Shaun Runham
© Photos and Artwork - Andrew J. Müller
© Web Design and Layout - Andrew J. Müller