This simple small church stands in the centre of the deserted medieval village of Goltho, east of Lincoln.
The church was built around 1530 by the Grantham family who owned Goltho Hall (which is now demolished). It was extended around 1600 with further extensions in the 18th and 19th Century.A fire tore through the structure on 21 October 2013 (after this photograph was taken) and has left only the walls and bellcote standing. It is believed that lightning struck the church.
Photo - Andrew J. Müller
Back to Cathedrals, Churches, Abbeys etc... page
Text copyright - Raving Loony Productions and Andrew J.
and Shaun Runham
© Photos and Artwork - Andrew J. Müller
© Web Design and Layout - Andrew J. Müller