HALFORD CHURCH

Warwickshire

Halford Church, Warwickshire

The church is first recorded in 1150, when it is assumed it was already a few years old. So it is one of the immediately post-Domesday Book churches that were founded at that time. Some remnants of the 12th Century church still remain but much was rebuilt in the 13th-15th Centuries including the addition of the tower.

From the 13th Century right up until 1918 Halford Church was in Worcester Diocese, but it was then moved to Coventry Diocese for no obvious reason.

Photo - Andrew J. Müller

Back to Cathedrals, Churches, Abbeys etc...

Back to Cathedrals, Churches, Abbeys etc... page


© Text copyright - Raving Loony Productions and Andrew J. Müller, Roy Barton
and Shaun Runham
© Photos and Artwork - Andrew J. Müller
© Web Design and Layout - Andrew J. Müller
2010


Go to Home PagespaceGo to Andrew J. MullerspaceGo to Roy BartonspaceGo to Shaun RunhamspaceGo to Writing
Go to Castles of the UK and IrelandspaceGo to Castles of EuropespaceGo to Churches, Cathedrals, Abbeys etc.spaceGo to Travel PagesspaceGo to The Gallery