The earliest parts of the church date to the 12th Century when William Maudit had construction begun in 1160. This was massively enlarged in the 13th and 14th Centuries to give the church its current size.
Rector Thomas Knight had the tower and spire built in the early 15th Century but a storm in 1804 blew the lot down and a new spire and tower was built in the mid-1800s.
Photo - Andrew J. Müller
Back to Cathedrals, Churches, Abbeys etc... page
© Text copyright - Raving Loony Productions and
Andrew J. Müller,
and Shaun Runham
© Photos and Artwork - Andrew J. Müller
© Web Design and Layout - Andrew J. Müller