The Church of St Peter dates to 1877, but stands on a site where there has been a church for over a thousand years. The charter for the church was granted by King Edgar in 968 AD.
The current church, a typical Victorian gothic construction was re-dedicated by the Bishop of Ely in 1879 and is thought to be the fourth church building on the site. Inside are some interesting features including a mosaic reredos and a stained glass window depicting St. Alban.
Photo - Andrew J. Müller
Back to Cathedrals, Churches, Abbeys etc... page
© Text copyright - Raving Loony Productions and
Andrew J. Müller,
and Shaun Runham
© Photos and Artwork - Andrew J. Müller
© Web Design and Layout - Andrew J. Müller