In the mid 18th Century the area of Hackney between the town and the Marshes was beginning to become more populated and the Hackney Phalanx, an Anglican group decided it was time a second church was built. The architect was Arthur Ashpitel who created a very traditional church in the English style which was built between 1845 and 1847. By 1852 it was already too small to cope with the growing parish and so a north aisle was built.
Photo - Andrew J. Müller
Back to Cathedrals, Churches, Abbeys etc... page
Text copyright - Raving Loony Productions and
Andrew J. Müller,
and Shaun Runham
© Photos and Artwork - Andrew J. Müller
© Web Design and Layout - Andrew J. Müller