The earliest surviving sections of the church are 13th Century, with the bulk including the tower dating to the 14th Century. The south porch is dated 1664.
Everything was rebuilt in 1851 and then “comprehensive restoration” was undertaken around 1871, which was comprehensive enough for it to be difficult to discern anything – certainly on the outside of the church – that looks any older than Victorian.
Photo - Andrew J. Müller
Back to Cathedrals, Churches, Abbeys etc... page
Text copyright - Raving Loony Productions and
Andrew J. Müller,
and Shaun Runham
© Photos and Artwork - Andrew J. Müller
© Web Design and Layout - Andrew J. Müller