ST. JOHN'S CHURCH
The church which sits in the centre of Old Harlow is, in fact, not particularly old. It was built by public subscription in 1839 in a fairly old-fashioned manner. In 1857 it became the centre of a new parish where it remained until 1923 when it was reunited with the parish of St. Mary and St. Hugh. By 1979 the parish was largely redundant absorbed into the sprawl of Harlow New Town and the church fell from use.
Photo - Andrew J. Müller
Back to Cathedrals, Churches, Abbeys etc... page
Text copyright - Raving Loony Productions and Andrew J.
and Shaun Runham
© Photos and Artwork - Andrew J. Müller
© Web Design and Layout - Andrew J. Müller