This apparently innocuous little country church actually dates to around 1150 when the first version of the church – the central nave – was constructed. The chancel and the tower came about 100 years or so later and the porch was added during the 1400s. This construction stood in much the same manner until 1859 when Gilbert Scott arrived and undertook a round of extensions and renovations. From the 1960s up until 2007 a programme of remedial work helped to shore up the tower and stop the gradual decline in the structure that had been occurring.
Today the church is a bit of a hotchpotch of styles, although internally it is largely Victorian.
Photo - Andrew J. Müller
Back to Cathedrals, Churches, Abbeys etc... page
Text copyright - Raving Loony Productions and
Andrew J. Müller,
and Shaun Runham
© Photos and Artwork - Andrew J. Müller
© Web Design and Layout - Andrew J. Müller