ST. JOHN'S CHURCH, CHESTER
Although merely a Church today for many years St. John's was Chester's Cathedral until it replaced by the current Cathedral in 1541.
It stands by the Roman Amphitheatre and was mostly built during the Norman period.
Some parts of the Church are ruined, but the main sections are currently used as a parish church.
Photo - Andrew J. Müller
Back to Cathedrals, Churches, Abbeys etc... page
© Text copyright - Raving Loony Productions and
Andrew J. Müller,
and Shaun Runham
© Photos and Artwork - Andrew J. Müller
© Web Design and Layout - Andrew J. Müller