The first church here was built in 1714 on land given by Queen Anne. The Queen also largely financed it, being close to Kew Palace one of her favourite residences. By 1759 plans were afoot to restructure the church, but it wasnt until 1770 that George III paid for an extension. Further enlargement happened in 1810.
The last extension was by William Wyatville around 1836, this time paid for by William IV and it was at this stage that the portico and bell tower were installed. Further work was undertaken in 1884 and in 1902 the vestries were added as a memorial to Queen Victoria.
Photo - Andrew J. Müller
Back to Cathedrals, Churches, Abbeys etc... page
© Text copyright - Raving Loony Productions and Andrew J. Müller,
and Shaun Runham
© Photos and Artwork - Andrew J. Müller
© Web Design and Layout - Andrew J. Müller