The grey slate church of St. Rumonus was dedicated in 1321 and it is believed the font and tower both survive from this first church. A castle also existed nearby of which only a tiny fragment of wall remains.
The church was largely rebuilt around 1866.
Photo - Andrew J. Müller
Back to Cathedrals, Churches, Abbeys etc... page
© Text copyright - Raving Loony Productions and
Andrew J. Müller,
and Shaun Runham
© Photos and Artwork - Andrew J. Müller
© Web Design and Layout - Andrew J. Müller