ST. ANNE'S CATHEDRAL

Leeds, West Riding of Yorkshire

St. Anne's Cathedral, Leeds, West Riding of Yorkshire

Full dedication: Cathedral Church of St. Anne
Became a Cathedral in 1878

The rather oddly shaped Catholic Cathedral of Leeds sits just up from the City Centre.

The first church was built in 1830 and became a Cathedral in 1878. However, this was demolished and the new church was built in a different place around 1902 to designs by J.H. Eastwood with 'arts and crafts' touches which give the Cathedral a rather unusual look.

Photo - Andrew J. Müller

Back to Cathedrals, Churches, Abbeys etc...

Back to Cathedrals, Churches, Abbeys etc... page


© Text copyright - Raving Loony Productions and Andrew J. Müller, Roy Barton
and Shaun Runham
© Photos and Artwork - Andrew J. Müller
© Web Design and Layout - Andrew J. Müller
2009


Go to Home PagespaceGo to Andrew J. MullerspaceGo to Roy BartonspaceGo to Shaun RunhamspaceGo to Writing
Go to Castles of the UK and IrelandspaceGo to Castles of EuropespaceGo to Churches, Cathedrals, Abbeys etc.spaceGo to Travel PagesspaceGo to The Gallery