The first church here dates to the 1200s, although the majority of what is visible dates more from the 1500s. The tower is considered to be late 16th Century (with a 19th Century top section) and the interior of the Chancel dates largely from the 17th Century.
Much was repaired and rebuilt in the 19th Century when the bell turret was added at the top of the tower. It seems as if the church was largely out of use before the repair work and it was re-dedicated in April 1891. A fire took away the roof in the 1950s and the replacement for it was replaced once more in 2010. Some evidence of scorch marks can still be seen inside the church.
Photo - Andrew J. Müller
Back to Cathedrals, Churches, Abbeys etc... page
Text copyright - Raving Loony Productions and
Andrew J. Müller,
and Shaun Runham
© Photos and Artwork - Andrew J. Müller
© Web Design and Layout - Andrew J. Müller