LITTLE WYMONDLEY CHURCH
The first church here was linked to the nearby Priory which is today on private land. This would have been founded in the 12th Century but was in such poor repair that it was rebuilt entirely early in the 1400s and re-dedicated from St. Peter to St. Mary.
By the end of the 1400s the church was at its current size with the tower being the last major addition. Unfortunately, everything was rather clumsily restored in the 19th Century and unlike nearby Great Wymondley Church it is much harder to see the original features here.
In 1902 a clock was added to the tower to commemorate the coronation of Edward VII.
Photo - Andrew J. Müller
Back to Cathedrals, Churches, Abbeys etc... page
© Text copyright - Raving Loony Productions and Andrew J. Müller,
and Shaun Runham
© Photos and Artwork - Andrew J. Müller
© Web Design and Layout - Andrew J. Müller