Costa Blanca, Spain
The church, properly called the Iglesia Parroquial de Mare de Déu dels Desemparats, was constructed between 1875 and 1878. It re-uses stones from the demolished Moraira Castle (not to be confused with todays small fort known as Moraira Castle).
The church was extended several times, most recently in 1981.
Photo - Andrew J. Müller
Back to Cathedrals, Churches, Abbeys etc... page
© Text copyright - Raving Loony Productions and Andrew J. Müller,
and Shaun Runham
© Photos and Artwork - Andrew J. Müller and Jacqui Harris
© Web Design and Layout - Andrew J. Müller