The present church is the third on this site, all of which have been dedicated to St Thomas Becket.
This latest was built around 1881 by C Kirk and Son of Sleaford, Lincs. It replaced a church from 1809. The church was consecrated in 1882 and the north aisle was added in 1887 and the vestry and choir in 1893.Today it stands in an impressive position, not a remarkable church, but a rather attractive one.
Back to Cathedrals, Churches, Abbeys etc... page
Text copyright - Raving Loony Productions and
Andrew J. Müller,
and Shaun Runham
© Photos and Artwork - Andrew J. Müller
© Web Design and Layout - Andrew J. Müller