NORTHAMPTON CATHEDRAL

Northamptonshire

Northampton Cathedral, Northamptonshire

Full dedication: Cathedral Church of Our Lady and St. Thomas of Canterbury
Became a Cathedral in 1850

In 1844 the first church was built here by Augustus Welby Pugin, this was enlarged six years later when the Diocese was founded. This work was completed by 1864 but most of it was demolished and rebuilt around 1948-1960 to give us the rather drab brown building we see today.

Photo - Andrew J. Müller

Back to Cathedrals, Churches, Abbeys etc...

Back to Cathedrals, Churches, Abbeys etc... page


© Text copyright - Raving Loony Productions and Andrew J. Müller, Roy Barton
and Shaun Runham
© Photos and Artwork - Andrew J. Müller
© Web Design and Layout - Andrew J. Müller
2009


Go to Home PagespaceGo to Andrew J. MullerspaceGo to Roy BartonspaceGo to Shaun RunhamspaceGo to Writing
Go to Castles of the UK and IrelandspaceGo to Castles of EuropespaceGo to Churches, Cathedrals, Abbeys etc.spaceGo to Travel PagesspaceGo to The Gallery