One of the larger city centre churches in Norwich, St. Andrews dates to 1470 when the first work was started. It was then worked on continuously for another forty years or so starting with the tower and finishing with the opposite end of the church. This does give it a uniform look and feel.
Inevitably, the Victorians got their hands on the church in the 1860s and the work here, as elsewhere in Norwich, was extensive. The architect is unclear, but a number of other churches were handled by the Diocesan architect, Richard Phipson, so it is not unreasonable to assume his hand was at St. Andrews also.
Photo - Andrew J. Müller
Back to Cathedrals, Churches, Abbeys etc... page
© Text copyright - Raving Loony Productions and Andrew J. Müller,
and Shaun Runham
© Photos and Artwork - Andrew J. Müller
© Web Design and Layout - Andrew J. Müller