PAPWORTH EVERARD CHURCH
The earliest church here was Saxon but it was entirely rebuilt around 1352. A few bits – the Chancel Arch and a couple of doorways – may have survived from the early Saxon church.
Like many parish churches by 1742 the Church was in a very poor state and the tower was blown down and destroyed most of the south end of the church. Repairs were started, but took over 50 years to complete. A spire was added to the new tower, but this was removed in the mid-20th Century as it was considered to be unsafe.
Photo - Andrew J. Müller
Back to Cathedrals, Churches, Abbeys etc... page
Text copyright - Raving Loony Productions and
Andrew J. Müller,
and Shaun Runham
© Photos and Artwork - Andrew J. Müller
© Web Design and Layout - Andrew J. Müller