PRINCES RISBOROUGH CHURCH
This structure survived more or less intact until 1804 when the tower collapsed and took part of the building with it. The tower was hastily repair and a wooden spire was added and covered in zinc. This ‘temporary’ spire survived until 1908 when it was finally replaced by the current stone one.
The rest of the church went through extensive restoration around 1868 using some of the body of the original medieval structure.
Photo - Andrew J. Müller
Back to Cathedrals, Churches, Abbeys etc... page
Text copyright - Raving Loony Productions and
Andrew J. Müller,
and Shaun Runham
© Photos and Artwork - Andrew J. Müller
© Web Design and Layout - Andrew J. Müller