Like nearby Aldford, this church was designed by John Douglas for the first Duke of Westminster. It dates to slightly later, around 1884. The spire was destroyed in the 1990s and has since been rebuilt. This building is more church-like than Aldford, showing the progression in Victorian architecture to a purer form of church construction.
Photo - Andrew J. Müller
Back to Cathedrals, Churches, Abbeys etc... page
© Text copyright - Raving Loony Productions and
Andrew J. Müller,
and Shaun Runham
© Photos and Artwork - Andrew J. Müller
© Web Design and Layout - Andrew J. Müller