ST. PAUL'S WALDEN CHURCH
Oddly, for a village called St Pauls Walden the church is dedicated to All Saints.
The bulk of the church is 14th Century, the tower with its Hertfordshire spike is 15th Century. In the early 16th Century the south chapel was added and around 1727 the entire interior of the chancel was redesigned under commission from Edward Gilbert who is an ancestor of the Bowes Lyon family. There is some speculation that he may have employed Nicholas Hawkmoor to create the rood screen, but there is no substantial proof.
Photo - Andrew J. Müller
Back to Cathedrals, Churches, Abbeys etc... page
© Text copyright - Raving Loony Productions and Andrew J. Müller,
and Shaun Runham
© Photos and Artwork - Andrew J. Müller
© Web Design and Layout - Andrew J. Müller