CHURCH OF ST. JOHN THE DIVINE

Richmond-upon-Thames, Surrey

Church of St. John the Divine, Richmond-upon-Thames, Surrey

St John the Divine began life as a chapel of ease for the parish church of St. Mary Magdalene. It was constructed in 1831 to designed by Lewis Vulliamy and cost £5,633.

In 1838 it was decided that the chapel should become a parish church in its own right and it was raised to that position under Canon John Hales. Amongst the famous parishoners over the years have been T.S. Eliot and Dorothy L. Sayers.

Photo - Andrew J. Müller

Back to Cathedrals, Churches, Abbeys etc...

Back to Cathedrals, Churches, Abbeys etc... page


© Text copyright - Raving Loony Productions and Andrew J. Müller, Roy Barton
and Shaun Runham
© Photos and Artwork - Andrew J. Müller
© Web Design and Layout - Andrew J. Müller
2013


Go to Home PagespaceGo to Andrew J. MullerspaceGo to Roy BartonspaceGo to Shaun RunhamspaceGo to Writing
Go to Castles of the UK and IrelandspaceGo to Castles of EuropespaceGo to Churches, Cathedrals, Abbeys etc.spaceGo to Travel PagesspaceGo to The Gallery