A church existed here by the 9th Century when King Athelstan granted all the lands of Sandon Bury including the church to St. Pauls Cathedral. They remained in possession until the mid-1800s.
The timber building was rebuilt in stone around the 10th Century. This was then rebuilt in 1348 in its current form.
Photo - Andrew J. Müller
Back to Cathedrals, Churches, Abbeys etc... page
© Text copyright - Raving Loony Productions and Andrew J. Müller,
and Shaun Runham
© Photos and Artwork - Andrew J. Müller
© Web Design and Layout - Andrew J. Müller